Moving home is an exciting but often stressful time. After weeks, months or even longer of searching for your ideal property, you’ll probably be focusing more on the house you’re buying than the mortgage you’ll need to finance it. Yet the mortgage is usually an essential (although granted, not the most exciting) part of the process, so it’s vitally important that you secure the right one for your circumstances.
Potential issue with the market
The latest Mortgages Market Survey carried out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) states that although the mortgage market functions well in many areas, there is room for improvement. Some consumers might be paying more than they need to for their mortgage and there may also be limitations to the effectiveness of the tools that are available to help homebuyers choose a cheaper deal.
Many homebuyers opt to find their mortgage through a mortgage adviser, although may feel some level of resentment for having to spend extra money in an already expensive process. However, the cost of the adviser depends on the service they’re offering and how they make their fee. Homebuyers might also feel that the adviser is likely to promote products that benefit them or the lender or business they work for, instead of offering a wholly impartial service.
In response to these perceptions and to the feedback provided from our clients, Brunsdon Financial established a new mortgage service, B Mortgages. We want to change the way that mortgage brokers are perceived. We do this by offering a top quality, valuable service from experienced and knowledgeable advisers.
Five reasons to choose B Mortgages
Here are five reasons to choose us when it comes to selecting your mortgage adviser:
- Our advisers offer a ‘whole-of-market’ mortgage service, so they will listen to your requirements and search the entire market to find the best mortgage product to suit your circumstances.
- Mortgage broking is a highly regulated industry (particularly following the Mortgage Market Review reforms introduced in 2014) and several procedures can’t be avoided. However, our B Mortgages’ advisers will guide you through any essential form-filling in as clear and painless a way as possible.
- Our advisers are committed to providing the very highest level of customer service and they currently have 100 5-star ‘Vouched For’ reviews, so you can be sure that you’re in good hands.
- You will be invited to an initial meeting with a B Mortgages broker (online or face-to-face if restrictions permit), where they will find out more about you and build up an all-important level of trust. We ensure that these meetings are set at a time and place to suit you.
- B Mortgages is regulated by the FCA, which means that you will have the right to make a complaint about the advice you’re given in the unlikely event that you feel it was unsuitable at a later date. If you do not take advice from a B Mortgages Adviser, you will be fully responsible for your own mortgage decisions.
We understand that there are a variety of options for clients who are wishing to mortgage or remortgage their property. However, by using a B Mortgages broker you will benefit from specialist and expert whole market advice that could save you a great deal of time and reduce your stress levels. If you’re looking to move home or want to re-mortgage, please do get in touch.