Purpose & Dimensions
- To provide paraplanning support to Financial Advisers within Brunsdon Financial Services Ltd.
- Based in Gloucester, working with a team of Paraplanners and support staff, you will have the responsibility of support for a team of advisers.
- You will be an integral part of the advice process helping our advisers to increase business income in line with Brunsdon Financial Services’ business plan.
- The level of support you will provide includes; fund research & Analysis, Product Comparison and analysis, Charges analysis, Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit each client’s needs, record, monitor and report on progress, report any obstacles or deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser, compliance preparation and general administration duties and will be expected to help out the team wherever possible. This list is not exhaustive.
- You will provide product knowledge based technical information to clients and other contacts, when required.
- You will be aware of our duties under the Proceeds of Crime Act & Data Protection Act
- You will embrace the firm’s policy and commitment to the principle of Treating Customers Fairly when performing your duties, and know our benchmarking for TCF.
- You will be a team player, who has strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- You will be able to prioritise and manage your workload through excellent time management skills and the use of your initiative.
- You will be adaptive and have the ability to re-organise tasks at short notice.
- You will have a working knowledge of and proficiency in research tolls such as Select a Pension, FE Analytics, Exchange, Assureweb and Cashflow forecasting tools along with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. An experience of the IFA back office systems such as ‘Intelligent Office’ is preferred but not essential.
- You will have experience of Discretionary fund Managers and Model Portfolios
- You will have experience working with templated suitability reports
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- You will have a high attention to detail and client confidentiality
Job Challenges and Problem Solving
- To prioritise daily activities and respond effectively and efficiently to enquiries.
- To be professional and tactful in all areas of communication with clients and other contacts.
- To provide support to the team, when required, in addition to own duties.
- To build an ongoing relationship with product providers and third parties.
- To take ownership of problems and ensure their successful resolution.
- To maintain a good standard of technical knowledge.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2 years Paraplanning experience.
- Hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent qualification)
- A least 3 years Paraplanning experience in an IFA environment
- Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.