Purpose & Dimensions
- To provide administration support to Financial Consultants and administrators within Brunsdon Financial Services Ltd.
- Based in Gloucester, working with a team of consultants and support staff, you will have the responsibility of supporting a team of administrators and consultants.
- You will be an integral part of the advice process helping consultants to increase business income in line with Brunsdon Financial Services’ business plan.
- The level of support you will provide includes; new business processing, compliance preparation, and general administration duties and will be expected to help out the team wherever possible. This list is not exhaustive.
- You will provide basic product knowledge based technical information to clients and other contacts, when required.
- You will assist consultants with effective time management by arranging appointments with clients and other contacts.
- You will be aware of our duties under the Proceeds of Crime Act & Data Protection Act.
- You will embrace the firm’s policy and commitment to the principle of Treating Customers Fairly when performing your duties and know our benchmarking for TCF.
- You will be a team player, who has strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- You will be able to prioritise and manage your workload through excellent time management skills and the use of your initiative.
- You will be adaptive and have the ability to re-organise tasks at short notice.
- You will have a good knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. An experience of the IFA back office systems such as ‘Intelligent Office’ is preferred but not essential.
Job Challenges and Problem Solving
- To prioritise daily activities and respond effectively and efficiently to enquiries.
- To be professional and tactful in all areas of communication with clients and other contacts.
- To provide support to the team, when required, in addition to own duties.
- To build an ongoing relationship with product providers and third parties.
- To take ownership of problems and ensure their successful resolution.
- To develop and maintain a good standard of product knowledge.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Qualifications of 5 GCSEs at C grade or above to include Maths and English.
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Outlook, e-mail and Internet.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an IFA environment.
- Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Willingness to study for the CII Level 2 award in Life & Pensions or higher.
- 3 years’ experience of working in IFA environment
Awareness of our duties under the Proceeds of Crime Act & Data Protection Act is essential along with knowledge of the firm’s policy and commitment to the principle of Treating Customers Fairly when performing your duties.